Discover the Coveted La Quinta, CA Resort Lifestyle!
Living in La Quinta is a rare privilege. Jampacked with shops and restaurants, and within driving distance of natural attractions, this resort city is a wonderful place to call home.
Find things to do in La Quinta and discover out what makes this Palm Springs city so amazing.
Old Town La Quinta is the city’s vibrant and historic main street lined with over 30 locally owned businesses. Nestled at the base of the picturesque Santa Rosa Mountains, Old Town has an architectural charm and old world quality that few commercial areas in the greater Palm Springs area can match. Old Town venues you’ll definitely want to explore include:
Food & Drinks:
- Landmark Lounge is the hippest bar downtown, with an impressive menu of wine, beer, handcrafted cocktails, and charcuterie platters.
- Old Town Coffee Company is the place to go for organic coffee and espresso-based drinks in addition to a variety of delicious pastries and sandwiches.
- La Quinta Brewing Co. offers 18 different beers on tap, as well as an extensive selection of wine and cider.
- Nitroinfusions Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream serves nitrogen-infused ice cream with organic base ingredients, along with scrumptious crepes, brownie sundaes, and sorbet.
- Elizabeth & Prince Boutique is known for classic wardrobe pieces and accessories.
- H2O Closet features unique toiletries and skincare products from France, Spain, Sweden, Australia, Japan, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
- La Quinta Olive Oil Company is a chef’s paradise, offering an assortment of flavored olive oil and balsamic vinegar from Italian farms.
- Pedego Electric Bikes helps you stay active by selling electric bikes and accessories.
- Gather Yoga puts the emphasis on wellness and community building by offering yoga classes, wellness coaching, recovery support, and Tibetan sound bath meditation.
- Alakanra Aveda Lifestyle Salon does hair styling, facials, nails, eyelash extensions, waxing, and makeup.
- Old Town Massage lets you experience true rest and relaxation with deep tissue massage, hot stone therapy, and other options.
- About Face Medical Aesthetics brings you the latest and most effective skin treatments and nonsurgical procedures to enhance your beauty.
- The Grill on the Main specializes in classic American fare like steaks, burgers, sandwiches, pasta, and seafood.
- Stuft Pizza Bar & Grill is La Quinta’s hottest sports bar, with an awardwinning menu and al fresco dining.
- Solano’s A West Coast Bistro brings you Baja and Northwest Pacific flavors and textures with their fish and steak entrées.
II. Santa Rosa and San Jacinto Mountains National Monument
As part of the Pacific Mountain System, these two ranges encompass over 425 square miles and offer incredible hiking opportunities along the alpine wilderness.
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway Hike. Reach the San Jacinto Mountains’nsecond highest peak minus the effort. The tramway will take you nearly 6,000 feet to the Mountain Station. From there, the summit is roughly 5.5 miles away. On the way up you’ll see stunning rock formations and alpine slopes.
- Museum Trail. This trail offers a moderate hike. Strewn with rocks and boulders, the trail gives you the rare opportunity to see wildflowers and native animals up close. Hikers are also treated to panoramic views of Palm Springs.
- Cactus to Clouds Trail. Hike along the Skyline Trail to the San Jacinto Summit, which is surrounded by beautiful cacti and large boulders. The best time to go is spring or fall to avoid the intense heat of the summer. Be extra careful when hiking at night, as the trail is littered with scorpions and rattlesnakes.
- Deer Springs Trail. An underused trail, this pathway gets its name from the doe-eyed animals and bubbling springs that can be spotted on the hike. The San Jacinto Peak Junction is roughly 1.3 miles from Little Round Valley.
Home to multiple. award-winning resort golf courses, La Quinta is a golfer’s paradise.
- Mountain Course at La Quinta Resort & Club at the foot of the Santa Rosa Mountains is a Pete Dye-designed course with changing elevations, pot bunkers, bunkered greens, and rock formations that make for a challenging game.
- The Stadium Course at PGA West consistently ranks among the best in the world. Also designed by Pete Dye, this par-72 course is among La Quinta’s golfing highlights.
- Other championship golf courses in La Quinta to explore include:
IV. La Quinta’s preserved areas
La Quinta takes pride in the protected areas that surround it, which offer hiking and camping opportunities.
- Lake Cahuilla Recreation Area. This pet-friendly park spans 710 acres at the foot of the Santa Rosa Mountains. Here you’ll find impeccably maintained camping sites, equestrian sites, picnic pavilions, BBQ grills, ball courts, and a glistening 135-acre lake.
- Fred Wolff Bear Creek Nature Preserve. Located in La Quinta Cove, this protected area is populated by palo verde, cheesebush, creosote bush, and smoke trees. There are plenty of open spaces and biking and hiking trails.
This designated scenic drive takes about two hours. From Highway 74 in Palm Desert, you’ll go through serpentine roads lined with pine trees. Highlights of the drive include the Coachella Valley Vista Point, Lake Helmet, Mountain Center, Idyllwild, Indian Vista Viewpoint, and Banning.
Partner With Award-winning La Quinta REALTOR® – Elaine Stewart
Whether you’re looking to invest in La Quinta luxury real estate or it’s time to list your current property, Elaine Stewart provides the kind of knowledge, skills, dedication, and personalized service you need and deserve. One of the things Elaine loves most about being a top La Quinta REALTOR® is being able to share the joy that her clients feel when they find the home of their dreams.
Elaine truly understands how important it is to build trust and long-standing relationships with all of her clients and prides herself on her many client referrals over the years. She will take the time to listen to your needs and concerns and will always have your best interests in mind – her phone never goes unanswered.
Elaine’s familiarity with La Quinta and the greater Palms Springs area is an asset that her clients quickly come to appreciate. By partnering with Elaine, you’ll have a luxury home expert by your side who will protect your interests, advocate for you, and handle the complexities of the real estate transaction for the best possible outcome.
If you would like to learn more about buying or selling luxury real estate in La Quinta, feel free to call Elaine directly at (760) 668-2399 or get in touch with her here.